Sunday, June 12, 2011

Storm

Kadoka, SD


I'm currently sitting in a truck stop lounge watching the NBA finals, which is being periodically interrupted by extreme weather warnings.  A pretty huge storm is blowing through, with 30 mph winds, dark skies, and a lot of lightning and thunder.  We'll see what things look like when it finishes blowing through, but I'm not really going to want to camp I think, so I may see if I can crash in this lounge for the night.

It wouldn't have been ideal, but I would have taken the 90+ degree weather I had last week while I was camping, in exchange for rain when I had houses to stay in.  Oh well, you take what you get.

2 comments:

  1. Something tells me that this will be one of your favorite stories to tell later.

    It's always the crazy, inconvenient events that are still worth telling years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it would be one of those stories... but unfortunately nothing too interesting happened, so it will probably be relegated to the bucket of "all those times I had unfortunate sleeping experiences during that one summer."

    ReplyDelete